Thursday, January 14, 2010

Crockpot Chicken Nachos

I don't think I'm alone when I say that I'm not in the cooking mood. So when I found this recipe I was happy because it's super easy and my (Mexican at Heart) husband loved it! This recipe is super easy, and really good but not too diet friendly.

Prep Time: 3 Minutes
Cook Time: 4 1/2 Hours

Ingredients List

4-5 Frozen Chicken Breasts
1 Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
1 Can Drained Canned Whole Kernel Corn (I used frozen corn and just added what I thought looked good)
1 (15oz) Jar of Salsa (recommend medium or I like Jacks salsa from Costco)
1 (8oz) Package of Cream Cheese

Cooking Directions

1. Take 4-5 frozen boneless chicken breasts put into crock pot
2. Add corn, black beans and jar of salsa. dump it right on top of chicken
3. Cover and cook in crock pot on high for 4-5 hours or until chicken forks apart.
4. Shred chicken and add back to crock-pot
4. Add 1 package of cream cheese (just throw it on top) and let sit for about 1/2 hour and then stir in.

I like to serve this on top of a pile of melted cheesy (Tostidas Hint of Lime) chips and garnish with salsa and cilantro. You could also just serve it on rice.

**Mine was a little runny (probably because of the frozen chicken) so if you make it the way it says use a slotted spoon to serve, or you could try fresh chicken.

1 comment:

Camille said...

Crystal,

I finally got around to making the Beach Street Chicken Pasta and Jared and I both really liked it! It was healthy but yet it still tasted good.