Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Honey Lime Fruit Salad

I got this recipe from here.

I was surprised at how good this really was. Such simple ingredients made an old boring fruit salad into something worth sharing. I also liked how the few ingredients made it special but the salad is still healthy.

*Note: This fruit salad is best served right away (or at least within an hour of making) because the strawberries tend to stain the light colored fruit. It doesn’t affect the taste at all but is a slight bummer for presentation. I just added the strawberries right before serving.

*Serves 4

1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks, drained well
1 can mandarin oranges, drained well
2-3 ripe kiwi, peeled and sliced into thick half moons
1 cup green grapes, halved
1 cup strawberries, quartered
Zest from one lime, about 1 tablespoon
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1 banana, sliced into thick half moons (optional) This was my addition

Combine the fruit in a medium-large serving bowl. Add the lime zest and poppy seeds, if using, and gently toss. Drizzle the honey over the fruit and again, gently mix until the fruit is evenly coated with the honey. Serve.

1 comment:

John and Crystal Pinegar Family said...

I saw this one on Kitchen Cafe. Your most made me motivated enough to try it. It's really good! Thanks!