Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rice Pudding

I made a ton of brown rice the other day and am trying to use it before we leave town so I just made this and am eating as I post. It turned out sooo yummy, it's very creamy not thick like other recipes I've tried! and it's easy

1 1/2 c. cooked rice (I used brown and it turned out great)
2 c. milk, divided (I ran out of reg, so for the rest I used evaporated)
1/3 c. sugar
1 egg beaten
1 T. butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2/3 c. raisins (I didn't add)

Directions:
1. put rice and 1 1/2 cups milk in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, simmer for 15-20 mins, until it's thick and creamy.
2. add remaining 1/2 cup milk and beaten egg and cook for two more minutes, stirring constantly.
3. remove from heat and add butter, vanilla, and raisins if you use them.

Also, I added about a 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, and that did it for me! it just enhanced the sweetness.

No comments: