Thursday, March 1, 2012

Blueberry Mango Quinoa Salad

Am I the only one on here?  :)  I found this recipe on pinterest, but I tweeked it quite a bit. It is a really good healthy recipe.  Have you tried quinoa yet?  I tried it a couple of years ago and the kids didn't like it because it had a bitter taste.  Later I read somewhere that you have to rinse it first to get rid of the bitter taste and now we like it.
4-5 cups cooked and cooled quinoa -follow instructions on package
1-2 mangos, diced
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup craisins
1 cup cucumber chopped

Dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
10 fresh basil leaves
1 T. agave (original recipe had no sweetness...just my preference)
salt and pepper to taste

Combine and enjoy!

I will be trying more quinoa recipes...I'll let you know how it goes...if you actually read this. :)

1 comment:

Candace said...

Sounds great, I'll have to try it!