Thursday, January 29, 2009

Apple Dumplings

Okay so...this is seriously the BEST dessert! Jared is still talking about it. He says it's one of the best desserts that he's EVER had.

2 Lg.Granny Smith apples
2 cans crescent rolls
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla
cinnamon
1 small can Mountain Dew

Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan. Melt butter, then add sugar and cook for a couple minutes, don't boil. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes(I only cooked mine for 35). Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.

Suggestion:
If you want lots of sauce to serve over dumplings and ice cream, I would make a recipe and a half of the sauce. (This is what I'll do the next time I make it.)

2 comments:

Candace said...

So I made these.....and will never make them again....because I ate way too many of them! they were REALLY yummy!

joyce said...

My mom gave me one of these today from your family's get together last night. YUM!! It appears it came from Pioneer Woman's website... am I right? I'm a huge fan of Pioneer Woman. SOOOOO good!!!