Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pumpkin waffles or pancakes

Today the kids don't have school because California observes Veterans Day. So, we are having a lazy day at home. And what says lazy day better then waffles for breakfast. And these just aren't just waffles these are warm and aromatic. Happy fall to me! I am serving them with buttermilk syrup. Another way to make them yummy would to be to add cinnamon to the buttermilk syrup.

Here it is:
1 cup flour (I always do wheat flour)
1tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 Tb. Pumpkin Pie spice
1/2 tsp. salt
2 TB. Sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 eggs
1/4 cup Canola oil (sometimes I use half the amount and it turns out great)
1 tsp. Vanilla

Whisk all ingredients together until well blended and cook on hot griddle of waffle iron.

I double this for my family. I guessing this recipe makes about 6-8 belgian waffles. This is also a great way to use some food storage!

1 comment:

Candace said...

yummy! Thanks for this one they taste like a pumpkin pie....mmmm