Saturday, May 10, 2008

Capelini Pomodoro

I love Olive Garden and this recipe is one of my favorites there! It is so easy! It would be great for those gardener's out there who end up with a ton of tomatoes in the summer. It's a great way to use those tomatoes besides making salsa. This is also very healthy (I'm kind of on a health kick right now).

8 medium tomatoes
11 fresh basil leaves
2 cloves of garlic
6 T. extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
14 oz. angel hair pasta (I use the Barilla Plus pasta, much healthier and it's tastes great)

Cook angel hair according to package instructions. Chop tomatoes to 1/2 in. pieces. Chop basil, mince garlic. Combine all ingredients (except noodles). The recipe says to combine cooked noodles and sauce and heat through. I chose to heat the sauce separately. I cooked it until tomatoes were tender. Next time I make this I'm going to put tomatoes in boiling water for 20 seconds; so I can remove the skin, but you don't have to. Pour sauce over noodles and top with fresh grated parmesan cheese and serve.

John wouldn't enjoy this meal, he's a "where's the meat" kind of guy. But my girls and I really enjoyed it. So, maybe this is a chick food recipe.

No comments: