Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Chicken Broccoli Casserole

This is another Datwyler Favorite!

Ingredients:

1 qt. Broccoli (I use one lg. head)
5-6 Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded (I think I use 3-4 depending on size of chicken)
3 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1 ½ cups Sour Cream (This actually calls for 1 1/2 cups Mayo but as you all know I hate Mayo but I've had it both ways and I honestly can't tell the difference.)
1 ½ tsp. Lemon Juice
¾-1 tsp. Curry Powder (I use 1 tsp. but we really like curry)
1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 cup Fresh Bread Crumbs (I use dry and it works great)
2 Tbsp. Butter

Directions:

Step 1: Cook broccoli in boiling salt water until a little tender and drain. (You don't want to cook the broccoli too much because you will be cooking it again in the oven. )
Step 2: Butter a large baking dish and place broccoli in dish. Put chicken on top of broccoli and lightly salt and pepper.
Step 3: Combine soup, sour cream, lemon juice, and curry powder. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle cheese on top.
Step 4: Melt butter and toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle on top of cheese. Bake at 350° uncovered for 30-35 minutes.

No comments: