Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lemon Bars

These are my Favorite. When I make these we eat the whole batch in a day. So I have to make a small one. Also I usually have all the ingredients so it makes an easy, inexpensive, and fast dessert.

Ingredients

Crust:
½ cup Butter
¼ cup Powdered Sugar
1 cup Flour
1/2 tsp. Salt

Filling:
2 Eggs
2 Tbsp. Flour
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 cup Sugar
Rind of ½ Lemon

Directions;
Mix together dry ingredients in crust. Then cut in butter until pea size (it'll seem flakey but I promise it'll stick together). Press into glass baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Watch closely. Blend filling ingredients in a blender. Pour over crust. (Usually I'll make the filling while the crust is cooking and once the crust comes out I pour the filling over the crust and stick it back in the oven.) Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes; watch closely. You want the top to be lightly browned.

**FYI: This recipe supposedly makes a 9"X13" pan but they are extremely thin. I always make this recipe in a 8"X8" because I like mine thicker.

No comments: