Thursday, October 9, 2008

Rhodes Calzones

Well, fine! I guess I'll post then. Since were talking about Rhodes rolls. This is also a recipe that I made up myself and I thought it turned out really yummy.


3/4 cup Ricotta Cheese
1 cup Mozerella cheese
Parmesan cheese to taste
2 cloves garlic
5-6 leaves fresh basil (I have basil coming out of my ears from my garden, wish I could share with you. I'll be sad when it's all gone.)
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 tsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients.

3 hours before making dinner take out desired amount of rolls. Above recipe makes about 8-10 calzones and you need 2 rolls per calzone. When you are ready to assemble: roll out the rolls until nice and thin, put cheese mixture on top of one and add another rolled out roll and squish sides together. Brush tops with melted butter. Bake and 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until tops are nice and golden.

My kids loved these inventions. They wanted more than I had. They liked to dip it into pizza or spaghetti sauce.

1 comment:

Candace said...

thanks for this recipe Crystal. We tried it last night, and Dev says it's definately a keeper!!!