Sunday, March 29, 2009

BBQ Chicken Salad Puff Stackers

I have been haunting recipe blogs the last little while. Always on the look out for yummy and easy meals. This is one I found and I really thought it was yummy.

2 sheets thawed puff pastry, each sheet cut into 16 squares (I'm sure this is very delicious. For Health reasons I used Cibata rolls. These would also be delicious in croisants.)

Homemade BBQ Sauce
1 ¼ Cups ketchup
3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
4 Tablespoons worstershire sauce (I didn't have enough of this so I put some jarred BBQ sauce in)
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper (used to taste, this is a lot of pepper)
1 teaspoon honey
Pinch of salt

1 Rotisserie Chicken, shredded (I don't like how much fat a rotisseries chicken has so I roasted some chicken breasts. Pour a little olive oil over the chicken, salt and pepper to taste and bake in oven at 350 degrees. Only takes 15-20 minutes and the chicken is so tender. I prefer this method over boiling.)

4 Cups Baby Arugula, or salad of choice
4 Tablespoons prepared Ranch Dressing

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place squares 1 inch apart on a large baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until puffed and slightly golden.
2. Combine all BBQ Sauce ingredients into a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring often. Reduce heat to low and stir in shredded chicken. Let simmer.
3. In a medium bowl, toss salad with ranch dressing. Spoon a bit of salad onto a puff pastry square then top with a spoonful of chicken. Top with another puff square and repeat layering. Serve warm. (You could also add some provolone and avocados if you want, that what I did.)
10 stackers

1 comment:

Candace said...

This is yummy! I used the rotisserie chicken, which was so fast! Also, I added some liquid smoke to the sauce (just cause it sounded good). Super easy and great! thanks Crystal